Swiss Betta Club
The Swiss Betta Club was founded in 2000 by several Betta breeders living in the french-speaking part of Switzerland, who strive to promote selective breeding of show type Betta splendens in Switzerland.
Since 2005, our club is an IBC chapter.
We host an international IBC sanctionned show each year since 2001.
- Promote selective breeding of show-Bettas.
- Preserve and improve the quality of the lines we breed.
- Encourage communication and exchanges between breeders.
- Help new members to start their breeding programs.
- Organise and host an international show once a year in Switzerland.
- Participate in an IBC show circuit in Area 2/Europe.
The Swiss Betta Club is a chapter of IBC (International Betta Congress).
Our shows have been sanctionned by the IBC since 2005.
The IBC has helped our club by sending certified judges to evaluate the fish in our shows, and has helped us to train our own certified judges. We are very thankfull for the IBC's support.
We also wish to thank fellow Betta clubs for giving us a helping hand when needed: