1) The show is open for selectively bred Betta Splendens.
2) The breeder must abide by these rules. He/she must only enter self bred fish, born and raised at the breeder's home.
3) Any use of products wich can color the water is strictly prohibited for any Bettas wich must be judged.
This is so the judges can clearly see the color of the fish, as well as preventing the judges from easily guessing who are the breeders of the fish.
4) The maximum number of Bettas each breeder can enter in the Swiss Betta Show is subject to change, for 2016 it is 20.
People accompanying the breeder (like family) do not pay an entry fee.
5) Participants must send their entry forms in due time and announce the approximate total number of fish they plan on showing, otherwise their entries will not be accepted.
6) Judgement is done by IBC standards.
No appeal can be made pertaining to judgement.
7) If "Novice" classes are offered for new breeders, they are optional.
The breeder can enter Bettas in Novice classes if he/she has not been showing Bettas for more than two years, up to the day of the show.
If the breeder does not enter Bettas in Novice classes, he/she will not be allowed to enter Novice classes in future shows.
8) Photographing the fish: the participants are free to take photos or videos of the fish in the show, but NOT before judgement.
The Swiss Betta Club reserves the right to ask for copies of the pictures for use by the club.
9) Bettas may be taken out of the show no sooner than 22:00 saturday evening, and must be taken out at midnight.
10) We are sorry we cannot accept mail-in entries.
11) The breeder/participant is responsible of his/her fish, from the moment they enter the show-room to the moment they are removed from the room.
The Swiss Betta Club, or the IBC, cannot be held responsible in case of loss, theft, illness or death of any Betta.
12) The breeder/participant accepts this set of rules at the moment he/she registers fish in the show.
Auction and sales rules:
- The Swap Shop is a table sale with fixed prices. This takes place on saturday, from 14:00 to 16:30. and must be finished on schedule !
- The Swap Shop is reserved for breeders who enter Bettas in the show.
- What may be sold: Betta splendens, wild Betta species, plants, dry or live foods and accessoires pertaining directly to the maintenance of Bettas.
- Sales spaces will be rented to each person, 20.- CHF. for 100 cm. of space.
- The Auction will be held saturday from 17:30 to 19:30.
- What may be sold: only Bettas having won places in the show.
- Split: 20% of sales price for the SBC, 80% for the breeder.
- Some time is scheduled after the sale, for the cashier, buyers and sellers.