1) The show is open for selectively bred Betta Splendens.
2) The breeder must abide by these rules. He/she must only enter self bred fish, born and raised at the breeder's home.
3) Any use of products wich can color the water is strictly prohibited for any Bettas wich must be judged.
This is so the judges can clearly see the color of the fish, as well as preventing the judges from easily guessing who are the breeders of the fish.
4) The maximum number of fish that can be exhibited by each breeder, according to the instructions in the registration form, must be respected.
The registration fee is due by any person exhibiting at least one fish.
5) Participants must send their entry forms in due time and announce the approximate total number of fish they plan on showing, otherwise their entries will not be accepted.
6) Judgement is done by IBC standards.
No appeal can be made pertaining to judgement.
7) Novice classes:
a) If "Novice" classes for new breeders are planned, they remain optional for the breeder.
b) The competitor may exhibit Bettas if he has not exhibited Bettas for more than 2 years on the day of the contest, and this, regardless of the companies organizing the competitions in which the person has already participated.
c) If it can not be clearly established before the contest that the person has been exhibiting Bettas for less than 2 years, or in case of doubt, the organizers reserve the right to include the fish in open classes.
d) The competitor who decides not to exhibit in "Novice" classes when he has the right to do so, will not be able to exhibit Bettas in these classes thereafter, as of that date.
e) The Novice exhibitor, who for reasons of show size will have to exhibit his/her Bettas in open classes, will retain his/her Novice status thereafter (see 7-b).
8) Mail-in entries: The Swiss Betta Club is not able to accept mailed-in Bettas for the show.
The fish of a breeder, who would not be him/herself present at the show, can be brought by a third party ("Handler"). This person/Handler, is fully responsible for these Bettas, as if they were his/hers, and will have to register and bench them in the exhibition. In order for the workload to be reasonable and for the schedules to be respected, the number of Bettas taken in charge by a "Handler" will be limited. See the registration forms.
10) The exhibitor/Handler is responsible for his/her fish as well as the fish in charge, from the moment they enter the show-room to the moment they are removed from the show-room.
The Swiss Betta Club, or the IBC, cannot be held responsible in case of loss, theft, illness or death of any Betta.
11) Participants are free to film or photograph exposed fish, but NOT before the judgement.
The Swiss Betta Club reserves the right to request copies of these films or photos and to use films or photos for the club.
12) The removal of fish from the exhibition cannot be done before the time specified in the program on Saturday.
13) The exhibitor accepts this set of rules at the moment he/she registers fish in the show.
- The Swap-shop (table sale with fixed prices) will be held on Saturday, according to the schedule, and must be finished on schedule !
- The Swap Shop is permitted only for breeders who enter Bettas in the show.
- What may be sold: Betta splendens, wild Betta species, plants, dry or live foods and accessoires pertaining directly to the maintenance of Bettas.
- Sales spaces will be rented to each person, 20.- CHF. for 100 cm. of space.
"Vente libre", sale from the exhibit:
- This type of sale will take place on Saturday according to the schedule.
- Can be sold: only Bettas who participated in the contest. The fish for sale remain in the exhibition, and will be duly labeled by the seller. The withdrawal time will be specified in the program.
- The number of Bettas that can be sold for sale "Free" by each breeder is limited according to the instructions of the registration form.
- The breeder can not in any case disengage a Betta from the sale "Vente libre" sale, from the moment the fish has been labeled as participating in the sale.
There will be no auction this year in our 2018 show.